I haven’t been cooking much lately because I’ve been busy eating my way through the ByWard Market in Ottawa. I joined hubby there for a spring mini break. It was a bit chilly (re: snowy) so we ducked into various restaurants to warm up – and to fill up. This market is a food geek’s paradise. Blocks and blocks of good restaurants, cooking and home decor shops, filled with dishes, linens, kitchen utensils, you name it. My souvenirs were for my shiny kitchen. We did the usual touristy things like tour the Parliament, the National Gallery of Canada and the National War Museum. But I could have gone back to the market and explored a bit more. A re-cap of some of the deliciousness. – bvox
While I was in chilly Ottawa, I learned that a fellow blogger who I admire, Boozed + Infused, nominated Shiny Tomato for a Sunshine Blog Award! Thank you Alicia! That really brightened my day. A Sunshine Blog Award is an award from bloggers to other bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. There are a few rules to follow when awarded. You pass on the award to other bloggers you admire, link their blogs, and let them know you nominated them. And you answer a few questions about yourself. Shiny Tomato posts are by Steph and myself, so I will try to answer on our behalf.
The Sunshine Blog Award Questions
- Favorite Color: Red, natch!
- Favorite Animal: We grew up with both cats and dogs. Right now I have a black and white polydactyl cat named Buddy and Steph has a lovely brown Chesapeake Retriever named Bronco.
- Favorite Number: 3 is mine!
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: A shared loved of our beloved coffee. Both hot and iced.
- Facebook or Twitter: Both. We each have our own Facebook account and you can follow @shinytomato on Twitter.
- My passion: Good food and drink of course. We also love vintage dishes and linens.
- Prefer giving or getting presents: BOTH. And we like to give and get homemade or hand crafted ones.
- Favorite Pattern: It’s safe to say we both like plaid. And anything vintage.
- Favorite day of the week: Saturday for both of us and I like Thursday nights, the new Friday.
- Favorite Flower: We love so many: Peonies, roses, sweet peas, crocuses, irises, brown eyed susans, wild roses, bachelor buttons, hollyhocks, poppies, morning glories, nasturtiums, apple, cherry and orange blossoms, tulips, daffodils, freesia and daisies of course!
And last but not least, here are some of the bloggers that make us do a happy dance:
Boozed + Infused Always an inspiring read with succulent recipes. Boozed knows booze alright and the mixology is creative. Steph McVox is the one who also makes her own booze and we often share Boozed’s posts with each other.
Tied to The Tail of a Dragon Wonderful witticisms and life observations. The tagline speaks for itself: “Attacking the world with cotton balls, one place at a time.” I want to live in there.
The Topline Elegant, spacious and captivating writing. I want to go to the places she writes about. And people watch with her. And drink wine with her while people watching.
Condofire Funny and poignant. Condofire blogs about and says the stuff I want to say…but don’t. Conversations with my Mother has moved me to tears (both kinds). Great gluten free recipes. Dog rescuer.
Frugal Feeding We love the awesome recipes, pictures and frugal ideas. Great sense of humour and witty comments to boot.
Love + Cupcakes We love a good cupcake, that’s for sure. This is a beautifully designed blog, with lovely photography.
Edible Substance Nummy recipes and photography. Peace and loaf indeed!
Assia’s Kaleidoscope Assia learned and loves to cook from her Mom too. A family of feeders, like ours.
This really doesn’t do justice to the scores of people out their who invite people into their lives, into their thoughts, and into their hearts, through the stories they tell through their blogs.