This roasted potato salad is a nice alternative to typical potato salad. Roasting the potatoes elevates this salad and the fresh herbs and parmesan give it a bistro-style flair. It’s a good dish to pack along for a picnic or BBQ. The leftovers are also really tasty heated up. Enjoy! -bvox
Roasted Potato Salad with Grilled Onions
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small red and potatoes, cut into same size pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced thickly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped finely (I used parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme)
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated finely
- 1/3 cup vinaigrette
- More salt and pepper as needed
Whisk together, taste and adjust seasoning as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vineger
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss oil, potatoes, salt and pepper together. Place on two parchment covered baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes, turning the potatoes halfway through, until pierced easily by a knife and golden brown. Let cool completely.
Meanwhile, brush onion slices with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on BBQ or grill pan a few minutes until they begin to brown. The onions should still be a little crunchy. Set aside to cool, then cut into smaller pieces.
Toss the rest of the ingredients with the potatoes and onions and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Refrigerate at least two hours and let come to room temperature before serving.